- Develop powerful web applications rapidly with WordPress
- Explore the significant features and improvements introduced in WordPress 4.7 by learning the numerous tips and techniques in this book.
- Unleash the power of REST API endpoints to make your interaction with websites new and innovative.
is one of the most rapidly expanding markets on the Web. Learning how to build complex and scalable web applications will give you the ability and knowledge to step into the future of WordPress
4.7 introduces some exciting new improvements and several bug fixes, which further improve the entire development process.This book is a practical, scenario-based guide to expanding the power of the WordPress
core modules to develop modular and maintainable real-world applications from scratch. This book consistently emphasizes adapting WordPress
features into web applications. It will walk you through the advanced usages of existing features such as access controlling; database handling; custom post types; pluggable plugins; content restrictions; routing; translation; caching; and many more, while you build the backend of a forum management application.This book begins by explaining how to plan the development of a web application using WordPress
' core features. Once the core features are explained, you will learn how to build an application by extending them through custom plugin development. Finally, you will explore advanced non-functional features and application integration.After reading this book, you will have the ability to develop powerful web applications rapidly within limited time frames.What you will learn
- Develop extendable plugins with the use of WordPress features in core modules
- Develop pluggable modules to extend the core features of WordPress as independent modules
- Manage permissions for a wide range of content types in web applications based on different user types
- Follow WordPress coding standards to develop reusable and maintainable code
- Build and customize themes beyond conventional web layouts
- Explore the power of core database tables and understand the limitations when designing database tables for large applications
- Integrate open source modules into WordPress applications to keep up with the latest open source technologies
- Customize the WordPress admin section and themes to create the look and feel of a typical web application
About the AuthorRakhitha Nimesh Ratnayake is a freelance web developer, writer, and an open source enthusiast. He develops premium WordPress
plugins for individual clients and the CodeCanyon marketplace. User Profiles Made Easy ( https://goo.gl/dXunQa ) and WP Private Content Plus ( https://goo.gl/CwAE5D) are the most popular plugins he has developed. Rakhitha is the creator of www.wpexpertdeveloper.com, where he shares his latest WordPress
plugins. He is also a regular contributor to a number of popular websites, such as 1stwebdesigner, the Tuts+ network, and the SitePoint network. Building Impressive Presentations with impress.js was his first book, which was published by Packt Publishing. In his spare time, he likes to watch cricket and spend time with his family. You can visit him online at www.wpexpertdeveloper.com.